11/12/09

In the Middle of the Night...





I wake up to drink some of my drink from Yoshinoya at my bedside and also some water.
After i decide to read my bible but then realize it is in my car.
Next best thing?
I use my computer.
I read the first 2 chapters of Hebrews for my accountability group.
And also the book of 1 John (kudos to amy for telling me to read it)

Hebrews 1
The title of this passage was "The Son Superior to Angels" (NIV)
However for the ESV version the title is "The Supremacy of God's Son"
At first to me was, of course the Son is superior beacause Jesus Christ has to be superior than the angels. In the passage it says the Son is more legit than the angels because he is basically of God...

...2but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. 3He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins,J he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs...(ESV)

The part in the verse saying he is the heir of all things and created the world, the radiance of the glory of God the exact imprint of his nature, and my favorite, upholds the universe by the word of his power. That's so crazy stuff, like don't mess. The heir, basically you're entitled to everything...dude, He owns us.

Hebrews 2
"Warning to Pay Attention" (NIV)
"Warning Against Neglecting Salvation" (ESV)
To me the second version of the title seemed more like, dude this is serious.
And of course this is serious, it's the word of God, anywhoo...
I like the beginning of this passage...

...1We must pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away...(NIV)

So that we do not drift away...for me i visualize a piece of paper just floating in the air slowly never touching the ground but getting ever so farther and farther from my position, its like in Animaniacs, the story of that golden gift wrapper who starts as a shiny gift wrapper for a Christmas gift and then drifts away and finds himself being used to gift wrap this small toy for a needy family.

Well in other words, the word drift just caught my eye cause like no one ones to drift from God, its a scary path.

What i got from this passage was, God is in control and we should put everything in subjection to him because he sent Jesus to die for our sins so that by the grace of God he would taste death for everyone, thats convicting.

9But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone. (ESV)

Please bear with me, I just summed it up and didn't really go in detail of explaining a lot about the Hebrew passages.

Hopefully, my next one will be about 1 John, this book was awesome, i really enjoy reading it.

It was basically about God's Love~



1 comment:

qwendylan said...

You owe me honey because I bear'd.